Saturday, February 9, 2008

Mission Statement

This site was created to contribute to the well-being of MFT trainees and interns. As a current MFT Trainee at the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco, I found that there were surprisingly few resources that gave a thorough overview of my options for jobs and internships after graduation. I have also become much more concerned about living frugally since payment of my student loans will start soon. On this site, I intend to include resources on finding jobs and internships as well as tips for living on a budget in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Ideally, I would like people to contribute their experiences at various organizations and any advice or resources they have come across. I have thought about starting an email list for those who would like to network if the site reaches a certain level of popularity. I’ll be happy to respond to any emails or comments.

Also, although I am focusing primarily on the MFT Intern experience I hope that a lot of these tips and resources will be helpful for our MSW and PhD brothers and sisters.

No comments: